I have been busy since my last post. I just finished up my term as president for the Missouri State Teachers Association. MSTA represents approximately 44,000 educators in the state of Missouri. That was a blast and I would definitely do it all over again. As part of the convention, I made and quilted 30 center pieces for decorations at the president's reception, made 4 wall hangings for my officers, and 2 quilts for the CEO and the Executive Assistant. Somewhere in my free time, also made 40 fabric coasters for various other people. It was a lot of fun and time consuming. I'll have to post pictures of what I did remember to take pictures of. I am so bad about not documenting my work.
One piece I quickly did was a wall hanging for my grandfather. I made this string quilt in honor of his Honor Flight in October. It was during the government shut down and luckily, the contingent from Texas made sure they got to see their memorial, rightfully so!
No comments:
Post a Comment